Action Against Hunger leads the global movement to end hunger. We innovate solutions, advocate for change, and reach 28 million people every year with proven hunger prevention and treatment programs. As a nonprofit that works across 55 countries, our 8,900 dedicated staff members partner with communities to address the root causes of hunger, including climate change, conflict, inequity, and emergencies. We strive to create a world free from hunger, for everyone, for good.
The hardest part of running a fundraising campaign is coming up with an event idea. So we gathered our top 25 ideas to rally your friends and family around a great cause and raise money for Action Against Hunger.
Online Fundraising Ideas
- Donate your birthday and ask for donations instead of gifts.
- Have a danceathon. Live stream your nonstop dancing.
- Live stream your gaming or musical talent.
- Host an online karaoke competition.
- Run a virtual charity quiz.
- Get active with a sponsored (solo) run, walk, bike or swim.
- Host a live stream exercise class or workout challenge.
- Have a photography contest. Ask schoolmates or colleagues to submit their favorite photos with a suggested donation and vote on the winners. Print the winner on canvas.
- Sell unwanted items online and donate the proceeds.
- Shave your head or another quirky challenge — this one is not for the faint-hearted.
In-Person Fundraising Ideas
- Host a bake sale or baking competition.
- Themed dress-up day at school or work.
- Have a board game tournament.
- Host a dinner or drinks event.
- Dedicate your wedding. Ask for donations instead of gifts.
- Place a loose change jar in the office. You will be surprised how effective this can be!
- Movie screening. Some local cinemas let you rent their space, but your living room, school hall or office space will also work!
- Host a Halloween, Easter or Holiday party.
- World Food Day is October 16th. Why not ask your friends, family, colleagues or classmates to help you fundraise on this day?
- Matching gift challenge. Ask your employer if they match gifts and then challenge your colleagues to reach the maximum available.
- Host an ice or roller skating event.
- Give seeds that grow vegetables or herbs in exchange for donations.
- Have a book sale.
- Host a ceramic bowl painting event. Great for schools.
- Run an ice cream social or lemonade stand.
FUNDRAISE AGAINST HUNGER
KEEP UP WITH THE ACTION
Join our community of supporters passionate about ending world hunger.